Find a Citizen Science Project that fuels your sense of wonder and contributes to real scientific data and research.
Check the resources listed below for great Citizen Science Projects.
- CITIZEN SCIENCE ASSOCIATION and U.S. Government contain numerous initiatives.
- Adopt-a-Stream and Ocean Sampling Day (Summer Solstice) encourage water quality assessments and monitoring for streams, rivers, lakes, and other bodies of water in your neighborhood.
- Community Collaborative Rain, Hail, and Snow Network collects real-time data using rain gauge equipment.
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology eBird is for the bird watchers and National Audubon Society Christmas Bird Count provides an excellent way to get outside with your family during the holidays.
- Galaxy Zoo and Zooniverse provide access to images from other galaxies to help scientists search of new planetary bodies.
- From Seeds to Shoreline and National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science Phytoplankton Monitoring Network are excellent ways to involve students in their local environment.